Help to navigate the mental health system at any time of the day or night every day of the year.
Phone: 8-1-1 ( Non-emergency health information in British Columbia)
- (7-1-1 for the deaf and the hard of hearing)
HealthLinkBC also provides easy access to a directory of B.C. health services & medically-approved information on more than 5,000 health topics, symptoms, medications, and tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Specializing in providing referral services to:
- Community Services;
- Social Services;
- Online Chat
Interior Health Crisis Line
T: 1 (888) 353-2273
Early Psychosis Intervention Program
T: (250) 377-6500
235 Landsdowne Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 1X8
- Clinical services and education for individuals age 19 and over who are experiencing early psychosis symptoms for the first time;
- Support to families;
- Early intervention so that effective treatment can be started as soon as possible;
- Assessment, medication management, client education, case management, and family support and education.
- Groups, and cognitive assessments and rehabilitation.
- Self-referrals accepted.
Mental Health and Substance Use
Mental Health intake services location:
#200 – 235 Lansdowne Street, Kamloops (downtown)
T: (250) 377-6500
Mental health centres through Interior Health services:
- Adult community support;
- Adult short-term assessment and treatment;
- Community residential programs;
- Geriatric programs;
- Crisis intervention;
- Day and outpatient programs;
- Addictions counselling;
- Concurrent disorders services;
- Group therapy & peer support;
- After-hours mental health support.
BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information
BC Mental Health Support Line: 310-6789 (do not add 604, 778 or 250 before the number).
Free and available 24/7
1-800-SUICIDE (that’s 1-800-784-2433). Distress or worried about someone else
Free and available 24 /7
- Mental health and Substance Use
Canadian Mental Health Association
857 Seymour Street, Kamloops | T: (250) 374-0440
Toll-free: 1 (855) 674-0440
310-6789 Helpline ( do not dial area code)
Alzheimer Society of BC
Alzheimer Resource Centre
405-235 1st Avenue, Kamloops
T: (250) 377-8200
Toll Free: 1 (800) 886-6946
- Dementia support for people & circle of care;
BC Schizophrenia Society
T: (250) 319-7667
- Support groups;
- Information sessions;
Mood Disorder Association of BC
T: (604) 873-0103
- Interior BC Support groups